Bumps on inner thighs, including those that are black, white, or red or have a white head is a sign of acne on this part (pimples, whiteheads or blackheads and other forms of acne) or are due to other causes. All this is what we are going to refer to as ‘inner thigh pimples.’
A pimple is also called a zit, raised bump or spots is a skin bump resulting from excess oil getting trapped in the pores. The clogging of pores can result in milder forms of acne, or it can manifest in the form of pimples, papules, or pustules, which are a severe inflammatory type.
When they occur in your inner thighs, these zits may not be an indication of a severe medical problem, especially among men. However, they tend to be a real bother to women. You will all agree with me that even a single pimple is enough to give a woman a sleepless night.
Their appearance is due to many factors, most of which we will in this article. Therefore, you ought to get a thorough understanding of why they appear before looking for pimple treatment or home remedies.
Remember, wrong treatments may not only worsen the condition but also fail to stop new ones from appearing. Besides, you may end up with some pimple marks – dark spots or scars due to this form of acne.
Therefore, ensure you understand why this area, including your groin, buttock, balls, vulvar is having pimples before you try any treatment. Acne is manageable
How do you identify inner thigh zits?
Have a look at your thighs. Is what you see a pimple or any other infection? How can you identify a zit from this form of acne?
Zits in this area manifest in the following ways:
- White bumps
- Whitehead spots spreading all over your thighs
- A rash that might spread towards the buttocks in case of a severe case
- At times they might be large boils
- They may also appear in the form of cysts
If you see any of the above symptoms, then this area might be having acne. You don’t have to worry since topical acne ointments and lotions can quickly heal the condition.
Note that pimples in this area tend to be resilient because clothes always cover thighs. Furthermore, this area tends to get chafed due to frequent rubbing between the skin and clothes, triggering acne mechanica, and friction burns.
Pimples on inner thighs causes
Like any other body part that always covered by clothes, the inner thighs are very sensitive and tender. Therefore, this area can easily be irritated. This irritation causes pimples, alongside other medical complications.
On why they are common on the inner side, not the outer thigh side, the inner side is more sensitive. However, not you can have acne on any part of your thigh. Besides not being exposed to sunlight, the circulation of air is also limited. Therefore, many people, especially women, tend to develop pimples in this body part.
Note that zits in between thighs are attributed to the following factors:
- Excessive sweating
- Skin disease
- Heat rush
- Weight gain
- Cystic Acne
As you can notice, not all causes are causes of acne but rather pimple-like bumps on inner thighs.
Did you know that sweating, especially in the inner thighs, is closely related to chafing and formation of zits? If not, now, you know. You may have heard people complaining about itchy pimples on the buttocks and groin area, according to Theprettypimple.com, these may be sweat pimples.
The following factors facilitate Their formation following sweating:
- The clothes cling on the skin, thus increased friction.
- Some sweat pores are clogged by sweat.
- Bacteria and fungus thrive fast in a moist environment.
- Existing pimples get inflamed and infected following sweating.
There are many causes of sweating in-between thighs in men and women, which include low blood sugar, hyperthyroidism, obesity, genetics, stress and anxiety disorders, use of some medications, and diabetes. Pregnancy and menopause in women may also cause sweating due to a shift in hormones.
Managing excessive sweating:
- Loose-fitting undergarments made from natural materials that wick away the excess sweat. Avoid tight-fitting jeans, tights, yoga pants,
- Showering twice
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, and spicy foods.
- For cases caused by nervousness, anxiety, and stress, try relaxation therapy
- Trim pubic hair especially for women
- Antiperspirants. Try GENTS Genital/Groin Antiperspirant Serum, and Sweat Shield Ultra Antiperspirant – Clinical Strength.
- Cornstarch powder and sprays. Good brands include Caldesene Medicated Protecting Powder with Zinc Oxide & Cornstarch-Talc Free, Johnson’s Baby Powder, Cornstarch, Aloe & Vitamin E, and NO SWEAT BUNDLE! Lady Anti-Monkey Butt Powder for women.
- Weight loss
The pimples you see might be razor bumps. Some medical professionals call them pseudofolliculitis barbae or shave bumps. These are bumps that come out as a result of the skin getting irritated during shaving or waxing hair removal techniques.
Inner thighs form one of the areas where the hair is likely to grow. Many people, especially women, are fond of shaving. Poor shaving techniques will make you develop some bumps. Note that this is not acne.
You can, however, prevent razor bumps by the adoption of the following strategies:
- Don’t shave at all if your skin gets irritated during shaving.
- Shave in the direction of your hair.
- Observe hygiene during shaving.
- Always use shaving gel to minimize irritation between the razor and your skin.
- Always use a sharp razor as blunt razors are the primary cause of razor bumps.
Has razor bumps, burns, and redness been a nightmare to you? Here are the best products razor bump products that will turn things around for you:
Tend Skin The Skin Care Solution
This solution will help minimize not only razor bumps or pseudofolliculitis barbae but also redness, razor burns and ingrown hairs.
Why should you try this product?
- It works well for sensitive skin, but first, try a patch test.
- It has many satisfied customers, i.e., it is highly rated with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 stars from over 2900 people.
- It has a great scent and will leave your skin moisturized
- It may sting the skin on your groin areas.
PFB Vanish Razor Bump Stopper Roll on Shaving Gel
This is a great product to use after groin hair removal by tweezing, waxing, or shaving but can also be used on other parts of your body, including legs, neck, underarms, face, and so on.
Why you should try it
- It cleanses, hydrates, and heals your skin as well as make it soft to allow growing hair to penetrate much easily.
- Non-irritating since it has anti-inflammatory properties and the camphor will leave a soothing, cooling effect.
- Vital in clogged pore clarification and exfoliation.
- It lasts long, has a great scent, and is worth every penny you will spend on it.
- It may cause mild skin irritation and sting for a short moment just after using it.
Other great brands
- Kerah Lane Razor Bump & Ingrown Hair Natural Formula
- Bump Patrol
- Bump Stopper-2 Razor Bump Treatment
- Era Organics Aftershave Serum for Razor Bumps and Ingrown Hairs.
Finally, consider pre-shave products as well as exfoliating brush as they will minimize the chances of ending up with razor bumps.
The mention of the word STDs worries many people. You don’t have to worry as your case may not be an STD. However, some STDs, such as herpes and genital warts, manifest themselves through the formation of pimples like-bumps in the genitals and thighs, especially nearer to your crotch.
In this case, the formation of a bump or lump on the inner thigh might be an outward symptom of an underlying STD. According to Mayo Clinic, pimples on the groin area and inner thighs might indicate that you have an STI.
While different STDs have distinct symptoms, presence of bumps, sores, skin rash, swelling, painful urination, aches, chills, fever, discharge from vagina or penis, redness, or swelling on your genitals and other symptoms may indicate these infections. See your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Friction and chafing
We all know what friction is. Vaseline.us indicates that inner thighs susceptible to chafing and pimples due to friction. This friction is from two main things:
- The skin in the in this area rubbing against each other
- The skin in this area rubbing against your clothes.
As a result, the skin gets chafed, and pimples may form, and the skin in this area may also become darker. Athletes and runners understand this phenomenon well. During rigorous activities, the rubbing gets intense.
However, you don’t need to worry. You can indeed reduce chafing and formation of pimples on the between your thighs through the adoption of the following practices:
- Lubricating the skin around this area.
- Use sweat absorbers as sweat and friction severely irritate this area.
- Wear wicking fabrics that are known to absorb moisture in between the thighs.
Some types of zits will come and go within a short time. These might be hormonal pimples. They shouldn’t get you worried. Some people end up with pimples on inner thighs during pregnancy, puberty, and menstruation.
All these periods come along with immense hormonal imbalance. During pregnancy, the hormonal abnormalities experience may cause you to develop acne on various parts of the body, including the face, chin, chest, back, and this area. What happens during these periods of life?
Every person has oily glands underneath the skin on their follicles. Whenever there is hormonal imbalance, these glands get hyperactive. Excess sebum is, therefore, produced, leading to the formation of zits including in between your thighs.
Treatments will include Clomiphene, Anti-androgen medications, Eflornithine, birth control medications, Hormone replacement medications, and many others after the specific responsible hormones have been positively identified and your gender.
The bumps you are seeing might be a clear indication of a skin infection, diseases, and conditions. They include bullae, cherry angiomas, boils, warts, molluscum contagiosum, follicular keratosis, or keratosis or pilaris. All these and many others we have not mentioned may result in bump-like pimples.
Furthermore, these conditions may be noted in other parts of the body, including on the face, upper legs, buttocks, and legs.
The exact symptoms they will show will depend on the condition responsible for their appearance. For instance, they may be red, white, or black, itchy or non-itchy, painless or painful, et cetera.
Let your doctor or dermatologist perform a diagnosis and recommend the necessary treatments. Do not use any generalized procedures, including creams, lotions, and ointments, before a diagnosis is made.
If you are exposed to very high temperatures, your thighs might develop rashes and pimples. This is, in fact, worse for people wearing tight jeans and innerwear.
During the hot weather, a lot of heat is accumulated in between the skin and the clothes. In case you are wearing tight trousers, the hair follicles get irritated. This irritation causes zits.
Use Prickly Heat Powder SNAKE BRAND. It is useful for treating heat rash, and it will reduce the various symptoms that a heat rash will cause, including inflammation, and has a cooling effect. Also, calamine lotion, anhydrous lanolin, topical steroids, and some home remedies may help.
These zits are also closely related to weight gain. Women are often victims here. However, this can also be witnessed in men. During weight gain, there is the formation of fat. This fat is deposited in various body parts, including thighs.
What is the effect of this? Your thighs increase in size, and this increases rubbing in between them and the clothes. The skin, therefore, gets irritated. Apart from being chafing, the skin around the thighs also develops pimples.
You don’t have to worry as weight gain is manageable. Check your diet and exercise regularly. You should also avoid wearing tight clothes that may worsen the condition.
You are prone to acne
Some skins are generally prone to acne. They will develop acne no matter the precaution that is taken.
Although acne is often on the face and the back, some people have it on the inner thighs. This type of acne is prevalent among women, especially during pregnancy.
Unlike acne on other body parts, inner thigh acne disappears naturally. It is mainly associated with the overproduction of sebum.
Treatment will depend on the identified cause of acne. Do not pick the pimple, maintain proper hygiene, use products that do not block pores (non-comedogenic), benzoyl peroxide, retinoids, and salicylic acid.
Also, there are a dozen of home remedies that will help manage mild acne cases. Severe cases may require prescription products that may include antibiotics, corticosteroid injection, oral contraceptive, isotretinoin, among others.
Some of the highly-rated best products that may help you in fighting acne, including on other body parts include the following:
- Acnetame- Vitamin Supplements for Acne Treatment
- Proactiv Solution 3-Step Acne Treatment System
- NxN Acne Treatment 4-Step Clear Skin System with Probiotics
- Acne Free 3 Step 24 Hour Acne Treatment Kit
The huge pimples or bumps on your thigh, butt, groin, or balls may be due to cysts.
There are many types of cysts. Those that may affect inner thighs include epidermoid, sebaceous, pilonidal, pilar, mucous, ingrown hair cysts, and cystic acne. The pilonidal cysts are common on buttock’s upper cleft.
Is cystic acne like a regular pimple? No. These breakouts are generally extensive and red. They are also pus-filled and extremely painful. Cystic acne is the worst type anyone can end up with anywhere. In most cases, such large pimples require specialized medical attention.
Cysts may be small or large, painless or painful, infected or not infected. Treatments and removal include draining, corticosteroid injections in case they are inflamed, surgical removal, or any other your health practitioner will recommend depending on the cause.
- Healthandnaturalworld.com The Most Effective to Get Rid of Bumps on Inner Thigh
- Healthadvisor.com Bumps on Inner Thighs
- Wikipedia.org Acne
- Wikipedia.org Pimple
- Prettypimple.com Does Sweating Cause Breakouts?
- Vaseline.us How to Deal with Inner Thigh Chafing